we have recently initiated a Unilever project entitled "Assessing the effects of chemicals in untreated household wastewater on the ecosystems of rivers in developing regions" we have a vacancy for a PhD candidate (4 years) to be stationed in China. We hope to initiate this PhD in early 2011. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic PhD candidate with the following background:
- Master degree in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Biology or a related science
- Proven research on environmental biology preferably aquatic ecosystems
- Familiar with chemistry and toxicology
- Experience with conducting field monitoring programs will be an advantage
- The doctoral student must have demonstrable proficiency in English at the level established by the Academic Board. This level is defined as the minimum passing score of 580 on the certified TOEFL PbT language test (or a comparable score of 237 on TOEFL Cb, a score of 92-93 on TOEFL IbT, or a score of 6.5 on IELTS).
The PhD research will lead to a PhD degree of Wageningen University, the Netherlands. The four year Sandwich PhD program will consist 6-9 months training in the Netherlands, 2,5 - 3 years field work in China, and 6 - 9 months finalization in the Netherlands. Further information on the Sandwich PhD programme of Wageningen University can be obtained at: http://www.wageningenuniversity.nl/UK/informationfor/PhD+programmes/PhD+Categories/#sandwich
More information on the position can be obtained from Dr. Oliver Price (Oliver.email@example.com) and Prof. Paul van den Brink (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contact in China: Dr Guang-Guo Ying (email@example.com) from Guangzhou Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences.